The American Heart Association's Twin Cities Innovation Grant Challenge is a competition for Minnesota-based med-tech companies with technology related to preventing or managing heart disease and/or stroke. This competition is open to both early and late stage companies, with the top three finalists presenting onstage at the Advancing Sciences Breakfast to compete for a $25,000 cash award.
The AHA currently has more than $7 million invested in research at Minnesota-area academic institutions (and about $56M in the Midwest) and is looking at ways to accelerate science from the lab to the patient. As the AHA moves into the third year of its Advancing Sciences Breakfast, we are honored to add the Innovation Grant Challenge to the event. Our intent is to engage in a dynamic dialogue around this topic with thought-leaders in life sciences, pharmaceutical care, health policy, academic research, venture capital and industry service providers at the Advancing Sciences Breakfast.
1. Minnesota based company
2. Heart, Stroke or Neuro company which helps promote the AHA’s mission of “building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke”
3. Pre-revenue, development stage
- Application window: October 3, 2016- December 9, 2016
- Grant committee will select FIVE applications to present submitted slides to determine the final three
- Final THREE applications will present at the Advancing Sciences Breakfast in spring 2017 where the audience will select the 2017 recipient.
Each applicant is asked to provide the following FOUR slides:
1. Management Team Experience
- Executive Leadership Team
- Board of Directors/Advisors
- Company summary
2. Business Idea
- Clinical need the product/technology addresses
- Stage of product development
3. Market Opportunities
4. Revenue Model
- How would you use the grant
In addition to the slides, please also submit your company’s 2 page summary OR create a 1-2 page business summary that briefly describes your business proposition, corporate & leadership structure, current funding status and a business development timeline.
Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2016.
Learn More & Apply